Monday, February 13, 2006

Climb Laundry Mountain

MONDAYS

There’s a rhythm to the week, whether you I like it or not. But, adding background music to the pounding of what “must” get done, I’m dancing more. “Stop wiggling your butt!” Mr. 6 said one morning as I was singing and making his lunch. “I’m shaking my hips,” I said in my maternal tone. “And don’t say butt, it’s rude. Say bottom or backside please.” (Really, truly, I’m not this prudish, but kids have to learn the power of their words, right?) At this Mr. 4 wrote a little tune, the rhythm of which I can't duplicate but the lyrics of which were quite simple "Shake the bootie. Shake! SHAke! SHAKE!) We all sang and danced until the school bus came.

So the rhythm is changing. (I don't know if they've ever seen me dance all morning before.) It started by hearing the title of this post to the tune from The Sound of Music. “Forge every stream. Follow every rainbow ’til you find your dream. A dream that will need all the love you can give, every day of your life, for as long as you live.” Where are those handcuffs I’ve been reading about?

So, laundry mountain rises from my bedroom floor every Monday morning. (Five people, seven days worth of clothes, just imagine!) Laundry mountain used to feel like more of a sandhill.

Not so much now. I love seeing how fast I can get through it so I can get to the good stuff. Today the good stuff means Mr. 4 and I are going to rescue the hubby from his cubicle and go to the art store. I love the smell of new art supplies at lunch time!

These are the simple moments when I wish I had a digital camera. I’d show the mountain range arcing my bedroom floor and then the stack of clean, folded clothes on my living room chair. That's what really looks like a mountain when all is said and done.


Comments:
Oh yes, those laundry mountains! One of the reasons I love summer so much is because less clothing is needed so the laundry pile is smaller. Sounds like you´ve found a fun way to get through it. I must include a trip to the art store on my laundry day( not that I´m done in a day though, my machine gets put to use almost daily!).
 
My favorite part of laundry day is clean sheets!
 
I also have a mountain to tackle today. I'll be thinking of you and I will try to sing as I work. I've always loved that song from SOM so much. I love that I can change it to laundry today!! Thanks!
 
Monday is my laundry day too & my mountains usually turn to rolling hills after E gets done jumping, dancing and rolling in the dirties!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?