Monday, February 06, 2006

Now I remember why I loved playing tag!

I like the way these tagging games make me look at things. Thanks for these fun questions.

What were three things when you were little you wanted to be when you grew up?

The first woman to compete in the Winter (figure skating) and Summer Games (gymnastics)Secretary Veterinarian

You can live one day over again from your childhood. What day will it be?
If teens count as childhood I’d relive the day I decided to give up the clarinet. I’d keep playing!

You have two minutes (and a mover with you if you need heavy lifting help!) to grab 5 things from your home before it morphs into a polka dotted hobgblin and hops away. What will you take? (Food/drink/family/friends excluded!)
I’m assuming my kids’ most treasured stuffed animals would be clasped tightly in their arms, so I’m leaving the yellow lab, the orange tabby and the withered Pat the Bunny off this list.
1. The table my grandfather made out of his old base drum
2. My love letters to my children, aka scrapbooks
3. Our George Rodrigue silk screens
4. The hubby’s guitars
5. The computer part of my computer (screen, keyboard, etc., can always be replaced!)

You have to paint one quote on your kitchen wall. Whats it going to be?
"Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."

What is one thing you want to have accomplished by the end of this year?
Finish painting the interior of my house.

You are moving to the moon for one year and can only bring one flower with you. What kind will you bring?
Any kind of lily … cala … day … alstromeria … any lily

You just received word that aside from one flower, you can also bring five books with you too! Your choices?
The Once and Future King—T.H. White
Does my Harry Potter set count as only one?
I borrow here the idea of a fat, blank book and a pen … good one!
The new, one-volume collection of Dr. Suess
Christ the Lord: Out of Egypt—Anne Rice, because I haven’t read it yet

Four Jobs I've Held:
grocery store cashier
cafeteria worker
university instructor
copy editor

Four Movies I Could Watch Over & Over:
Shawshank Redemption
My Big Fat Greek Wedding
Good Fellas
Beauty and the Beast

Four Places I've Lived:
Illinois
Ohio
Missouri
Oklahoma (nothing like being a land-locked Aquarius!)

Four TV Shows I've Watched:
Amazing Race
Rescue Me
Sex and the City
ER/The West Wing (I count this as one because lately their styles have been hard to tell apart. Hello, John Wells!)

Four Places I've Vacationed:
New Orleans
San Francisco/Wine Country
Annapolis, Md.
SoCal

Four of My Favorite Dishes:
veggie calzone
stir-fried rice and vegetables
fudgy brownies
Oreo’s and milk

Four Sites I Visit Daily:
www.marvelousmadness.blogspot.com (where I found these tags)
www.pb-rock.blogspot.com
www.lifeinthedesert.blogspot.com
news.google.com

Four Places I'd Rather Be:
the library
Point Reyes Light House
a scrapbooking studio
Lake Tahoe

Comments:
You probably didn't want to know that it's sunny and 63 degrees at Point Rayes today.
 
these are great! so much fun to see little glimpses into who a person is through these tags. shawshank redemption...so good...one of my all time favorite movies. i hear morgan freeman in my head saying "i just miss my friend." i cry everytime.
 
It sounds strange, but the part that always gets me is when he crawls through the sludge to escape and the way Morgan narrates that part ... it always makes me thankful I've never been hungry for freedom.
 
That was so fun reading through! And I didn't know that all of Dr. Seuss is in one volume now! I'll have to go plunk myself down in the bookstore for a few hours soon and read away the afternoon. And veggie calzone- that is sounding very good! Laini made a shepherds pie from the Weight Watchers magazine thats out right now and it was soooo good. She made me a mini one for my husband and I, and I forgot to add that on my list. And hey! maybe 2006 will be the year you and your clarinet reunite?!?
 
I love your ambition to compete in the summer and winter Olympics! As if one isn't a huge enough dream - I wish we could all truly recapture that huge dreamer that was once in us. I still daydream on a pretty massive scale, I have to admit. And I'm all for Harry Potter counting as 1 book - but hopefully that trip to the moon won't happen before the next book comes out, because, we've got to know -- what happens? By the way, who here thinks Snape is really good pretending to be bad and that Dumbledore MADE him kill him as part of a master plan? And who thinks Snape really IS evil?
 
I just love a good story and, must confess, I was in a funk for a few days after finishing Half-Blood Prince. No, I don't know what to make of Snape! And, we don't know where the next book will start. I mean, she could jump well ahead in time to start the last book, but then again, not. Oh, I could go on and on about this!

And Dr. Suess has been one of the most wonderful adventures for me as an adult. The newest collection is called A Baker's Dozen and includes my favorites: Horton, the Lorax, the Sneetches, the Grinch and, of course, Oh the Places You'll Go! I mean, how could I have chosen only one of those?

Thanks for stopping by!
 
Hi HB,

HEy, how is the home interior paint job going??

I am about to plunge in and re-do our extra room, which is currently a dark aqua Teal with pink stars.
Any helpful hints you would like to share??

namaste,
MB
 
Primer! I once arrogantly thought this was just a way for Lowe's to get another $20. But, really and truly, when trying to go over something other than white, you need primer. I can't wait to hear how it turns out!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?