Thursday, January 26, 2006

Cocktail Party

What is it about first entering a room of strangers that is so, well, enticing and unbearable? There’s always a sense of relief when you find someone with whom to hold a conversation. There’s always that excitement of meeting someone new or learning more about someone you’ve worked with for years. Every once in awhile a mask or two comes off at a cocktail party and something truly amazing is revealed. And sometimes you leave feeling a bit giddy, not because of the alcohol but because, in learning new things about others, you’ve learned something about yourself or been inspired to take a leap from which you’ve been pulling back or found something new to explore.

So I’ve been a bit hung over lately after spending more time in this world. Already I’ve felt a reconnection with my creative self … someone I haven’t seen or learned anything about in a very long time. Already I’ve felt a change in how I come to others simply because I’ve reconnected with my creativity. And I’ve reconnected after being inspired by so many others making that same journey. I feel as though I’m looking out my window at a whole new front yard, and I can’t wait to see what changes I find on the rest of my street. Cheers!


Comments:
Creativity is infectious!
 
Yes ... you boost mine daily ... thank you!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?