Monday, March 13, 2006

Sicky Bug

So I’m lying there, sweaty, exhausted, not certain what part of my body might revolt next, and all I can think of is this guy. He made me smile the first time I saw him, because she’s right: That has got to be what it looks like. Something that, upon encountering it the first time, I would be curious about. I woke up 15 hours later (Thank you, handsome, for the Squarepants, the Mac-n-Cheese, the Daddy magic you worked that kept them quiet and happy.) and the coffee smelled good, but didn’t feel right. This made me grumpy because I love my morning coffee. So I looked around, afraid to get to close to anyone because they all seemed healthy, and looked at the computer. “Ah Ha,” I said. “This kind of virus can’t get to those friends.” So I plopped down and found him again. I was sad to hear Carolyn was under the weather, but we would fight him off together. Once again, I wasn’t alone, so thank you.

I spent the rest of the weekend shuffling around, trying to be productive between naps. Honestly I resent the fact that the only thing that chases a virus away is plenty of water and rest. (Perhaps he should surf on that bed … ride a giant wave until *SPLAT* right into Megg’s wall.) Super Daddy got the kids out on their bikes. Super kids spent the rest of the day in the backyard and by last night I had scrapbooked a bit and was able to try that new recipe. This was important because we will be having a big celebration for Little Lady 7 in a few weeks and we want to prepare this for out-of-town guests. The bestest, bestest! part was that it was just as yummy at lunch today, so we’ll be able to make it ahead and enjoy our visitors. I must give proper credit, so I’ll tell you it’s from the Jan. 4 St. Louis Post-Dispatch. I altered it because I think the more marinade the better. (And, I must say, I think it would all be yummy with chicken, too.)

Thanks to all who understood my plight/frustration/anger/sadness/despair last Friday. You have given me much to think about as YOU are the evidence imagination isn’t running on empty, it’s just carving its way down an unpaved ALTERNATE ROUTE.
OK, now the food!

Marinated Pork Tenderloin Dollar Sandwiches
1 cup olive oil
4 tablespoons plus 4 teaspoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon garlic powder
4 tablespoons honey
2 (1-1½ pound) pork tenderloins
¼ cup sour cream
¼ cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Dollar rolls sliced for sandwiches

Place pork in a large, self-sealing plastic bag or in a sealable container. Combine olive oil, soy sauce, garlic powder and honey. Pour over pork. Make sure it is coated completely. Let marinate at least 2 hours in the refrigerator, better if overnight.
Combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, mustard and Worcestershire sauce until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

Over a medium fire, grill whole tenderloins about 5 minutes per side until all sides are seared and browned. Remove from grill and slice in one-inch medallions. Grill medallions five minutes on each face. Check for doneness. When completely cooked remove from heat and let stand about 5 minutes. Spread sauce on the inside faces of a dollar roll; place a pork medallion inside each roll and serve.



Comments:
so sorry you are still down...
This guy has it in his mind to make himself comfortable and stay for awhile. I won't tell you how long I have been down but I will tell you to get that rest, keep warm and drink lots and lots of water (ug)

Get well soon!
 
Ooh - that sounds yummy, and I just bought a cute little pork tenderloin. Perhaps this will be its fate! I hope you're feeling better, and thanks for the email earlier. It gave me a boost!
 
The recipe sounds delicious!
You are welcome to "vent" anytime...where if not here?
The boys schooling/teachers/classmates have really had me quetioning sending the kids to school. All they´re learning at the moment is that life is hard and not always fair ("the sooner they realise it, the better" the teacher said) well *?!" that is what I say!
 
Thanks for the lovely messages you left on my blog-yes, calicos are the sweetest things, I agree.

I'm sorry you're feeling so poorly- might I suggest that a plateful of curry would help bring you back to good health? It always works for me.

Take care,
Anne-Marie
 
oh i hope you feel better soon. and i hope that you give yourself time to recoup - rest, rest, breathe, and rest some more my dear.
and thank you for this recipe. sounds so good!
 
HI there!
I just wanted to let you know how I made the collage. I always collect magazine pictures that I like and the boy running around the flowers was one I found in a school magazine. I stuck it in my journal and scratched lines on the background with a fork now it looks like there are trees there. Then I stuck the little pictures at the top and smeared the whole thing with some pink ink. I was quite amazed by the outcome myself.
 
hi there!!

I'm so sorry you're sick & I hope that you feel better soon. Can I just say that i LOVE LOVE LOVE that you are using my wall as a metaphor for blocking the bad stuff. I hope that you copied that picture for use when you forget! VENT away baby - thanks for the recipe & FEEL BETTER xoxo
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?