Friday, February 17, 2006

All’s quiet

THURSDAYS

When we got our first dog I read this book about training, trying to break him of his vindictive chewing when he was alone. I’ve always remembered a line from that book, which went something like this: Remember, your dog is a dog and basically exists to be with you. When he’s left alone all day he’s not thinking ‘Oh good. I can work on my novel now.’

So I thought about Thursdays as though I had laservision and could see what happens while I'm away. Here’s the silly rhythm I found, thanks to the ladies, Eva then Dusty.

When will they be back?
Why am I hear alone?
Oh ya, I can try to taste the cat!
Ouch my poor little nose!


They left? I didn’t notice.
I was fast asleep.
Today the dog went, too, a bonus!
Now no one disturbs my peace.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?