Wednesday, March 08, 2006

What’s in your mailbox?


So many of you I’ve met out here share a dream with me … to publish a book. So when this came in the mail I wanted to share immediately. I’ve only scanned through it, too busy reading all the other books I’m so excited about. Though I do love getting a good, old fashioned magazine.

Hubby and I get five, actually. He likes BBC Music Magazine, which he’s subscribed to for more than 10 years. He also likes Bike, another British publication. (Sometimes I think we should just charge it and go to the UK for a month … take the kids … it’s not as if it wouldn’t be educational!) I like Better Homes and Gardens, which I’ve subscribed to for more than 10 years, and Midwest Living, both very American, but also full of my “most favoritest” ways to go adventuring … gardening and decorating; cooking; and traveling (and close by is about as far as we can go right now).

We know they all have Web Sites, except for Bike, but something about tearing out a page with a really good idea and tacking it up somewhere just feels good. So I’m tacking these articles up electronically and wondering what magazines other people love.


Comments:
I totally agree...I am definitely guilt of splurging on far too many magazines each month. Not unlike the feel of a book resting gently in my hands as I immerse myself in the world of the writer, so do I love the feel of glossy magazine pages beneath my finger tips. I love the pictures, the words, the personal meanings I can find hidden amidst the stories and articles. Perhaps I should subscribe to some...it would save money from my frequent impulse buys at the market AND bless with me exciting mail every few weeks.
I am really enjoying your blog here...looking forward to getting to know more about you.
xoxo,
TD
 
I buy WAY too many magazines - but thank you for these links! I also read your previous post and LOVED it! I loved your image of your son and the pop tarts. Your life seems so full and lovely!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?