Monday, March 20, 2006

This wasn't as easy as it looked

Carolyn and Alexandra got me to really thinking …

Name 5 of your favorite books:
1. The Once and Future King, T.H. White
2. The Mists of Avalon, Marion Zimmer Bradley
3. The Giving Tree, Shel Silverstein (Thanks for reminding me, Meg.)
4. The Polar Express, Chris Van Allsburg
5. The Poetry of Robert Frost, All Eleven of His Books – Complete, edited by Edward Connery Lathem

Name 5 other favorite authors:
1. J.K. Rowling
2. Laura Ingalls Wilder
3. C.S. Lewis
4. the many, many tellers of Greek myths
5. Peri O’Shaughnessy/John Grisham/John Lescroart

Name of the last books you bought? I buy many, many books as gifts for others and receive most of my books as gifts. The last book I remember buying for myself was Intimate Enemies: The Two Worlds of the Baroness de Pontalba

Name of the last book you read?
Voyage of the Dawn Treader, C.S. Lewis

Name of five books that are particularly meaningful for you:
1. The Ramona books by Beverly Cleary … which taught me to read for pleasure.
2. The works of Judy Blume and S.E. Hinton … which kept me reading for pleasure in junior high and high school
3. The Firm, John Grisham … The book that got me reading for pleasure again after graduating from college.
4. Avalon, Stephen R. Lawhead … My oldest was 2, but this was the first book without pictures that I read for pleasure after starting our family.
5. Good Night Moon, Margaret Wise Brown … Which introduced all my kids to the pleasures of reading.

Name three books you are dying to read but just haven’t yet: (Three … only three?!!)
1. The World is Flat, Tom Friedman
2. The Short Stories of F. Scott Fitzgerald: A New Collection; edited by Matthew J. Bruccoli
3. The Age of Arthur: A history of the British Isles from 350 to 650, John Morris


Comments:
Glad you took the time...
Some of the books you listed are old friends but I spotted a number that I have never met... Going to order them from the library asap.

Thanks for sharing
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?