Wednesday, March 29, 2006

That kind of day

I love the kind of day that is nothing that you thought it would be. Mr. 5 was more than happy to meander with me, nothing particularly exciting, but all better than cleaning the house! We had such a good time. No sooner had we arrived home and heated some leftovers for lunch than the phone rang. My best buddy in town was inquiring about a pop-in.
I love a good pop-in … completely unexpected, totally wonderful. It was a short visit, during which she, too, partook of some leftovers and caught me up on what’s going on in her life as I filled her in on the little things that cause big excitement in our house. I especially love it because with her I can just be who I am … laundry all over the living room chair, Legos all over the coffee table … photos and scrapbooking supplies all over the dining room. It’s nothing like when one of the moms from school pops over and we stand on the porch because I wouldn’t dare let them see how we LIVE.
Talking with her always charges my batteries … I usually realize the true potential of at least one of my crazy ideas and she gets to play with toys and collect kids’ hugs, which seems to charge the batteries of a 30-something single girl.
Hubby came home and said nothing about the laundry (still on the chair) or the fact that I spent the day shopping for our upcoming gatherings rather than getting the house ready. He kissed me and thanked me for making one of his favorite dinners. It was that kind of day … the kind that leaves you all warm and tingling inside.

Comments:
I´d love to have that kind of day every day.
 
Sweet day. I cherish that kind of easy friendship too. When Jim and I moved here and didn't know anyone, we missed the kind of thing where we could just have good friends over to eat pizza and watch TV and not need to clean all day and spend a lot of money making a fancy dinner! That kind of friendship takes time to build.
 
Those are the best days, when someone you dearly love and are comfortable with just drop in and you have a great, relaxed time. You have a great keeper of a hubby, but I suspect you know that already.

Have a great weekend!

Cheers,
AM
 
what a nice post! This is what I miss the most here - a girlfriend I can have over for this kind of connection. Sigh!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?