Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Sing it!


Do you ever have one of those days? Song days. Sing sing a song days. Sing out loud, sing out strong days. They just come to me … and since Capt. Kindergarten has been leaving me daily to go to school I think I’ve been singing more … no one around to say “Can You please stop now, Mommy?” ’Cause some days I just need to sing. I mean, let’s face it, chores are more bearable when you sing a bit, dance a bit. They just go faster.

And this time of year I do my best to crank as much of my favorite holiday music as I can because I simply won’t listen to it again for another 11 months. So I’m singing. Floating around doing chores on a Mod-Podge High singing singing singing. Peaking at the sparkle of the ice that remains under clear blue skies.

I know it's a Carpenter's song. My mom used to spin it on the LP regularly. Much to her chagrin I see a host of celebrities and some sweet little monsters when I hear it, warming my heart more. Or I hear Ellen DeGeneres' Dory ... just keep singing singing singing gotta keep singing singing singing singing!

Sing, sing a song
Sing out loud
Sing out strong
Sing of good things not bad
Sing of happy not sad.


Sing, sing a song
Make it simple to last

Your whole life long
Don't worry that it's not
Good enough for anyone
Else to hear
Just sing, sing a song.
Sing, sing a song
Let the world sing along
Sing of love there could be
Sing for you and for me.
Sing, sing a song
Make it simple to last
Your whole life long
Don't worry that it's not
Good enough for anyone
Else to hearJust sing, sing a song.

Comments:
You are crazy!
 
This reminds me of the time when my children were little and I was cleaning the house and singing and just feeling good and one of them said "Mommy, please don't sing"! Talk about having the wind taken out of your sails!!

I totally know what you mean about just singing and feeling good and sometimes those days just pop up for no apparent reason! There nice to have and I hope you have lots of them!!!
 
I´ve always loved that song but somehow forgot about it. That´s going on my Ipod today!
 
Thanks for the reminder - I am going to put some music on and sing a song :)
 
You made me think of the old U2 song, "I will sing, sing a new song", which was always their concert closer.
 
As a kid, my mum would wake me up with "its, time to wake up,
its time to wake up,
its time to wake up this mooorning".

Thanks for helping me to remember.

~gg
 
I think you are on to something!! If we all sang even once a day out loud for all the world to hear one day it would just become the norm and song would be as common as rudeness now is! I smile thinking of you belting out your holiday tunes! enjoY!
 
Ahhh the holdiday music does make me sing loud and happily-in between freak outs that I will never be ready for xmas in time.

Just wanted to stop by and say hello.
XOXOXO
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?