Saturday, October 28, 2006

Go Crazy Folks, Go Crazy!

They are the words of the late Jack Buck, who taught me most of what I know about baseball. I used to listen to him call the games with Mike Shannon on the radio while I watched the game on TV with the sound off. (Yes, I am a woman.) But these 20-something-year-old words are all over Cardinals Nation this weekend after Jack's son Joe announced on Fox that the Cardinals had won the 2006 World Series.

I'm so happy for this scrappy team of walking wounded, a group of athletes I actually don't mind my kids admiring. They play hard (MVP David Eckstein). They play hurt (Scott Rolen, Jim Edmonds, most of them really). They respect their opponents (Albert Pujols) and they play as a team (Hello, starting rotation!).

But mostly Hubby and I were laughing because, whenever we see the World Series Trophy all we can think of is this character dragging it behind his car around a fictitious parking lot. Of course we would be saying this into his megaphone: "Attention American Leaugue! Your long run of dominance is over! Go Crazy Folks! Go Crazy!"

P.S.--Click on the top photo for coverage from the Cardinals' hometown newspaper, which has done a bang-up job covering this team. Click on the Trophy photo for the team website.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?