Saturday, November 04, 2006

company's coming ... and who could create in this mess?

Such a week! Company was coming and going, so I emptied out my dining room, bringing it to a serenity it hasn’t seen in months. It started out as a creative zone. I had been taking time here and there over the summer to work on some scrapbook pages. The school year started and things fell away. A bunch of bags and boxes were mounded there for classroom parties. Another bag came in with holiday crafting supplies. Eventually it just became a dumping ground. Who could create in this mess? I was finding it UN-inspiring.

So, initially my intention was to just get it organized.

The submissions to that art show in September. The theme was black, white and red all over. (I’m going to edit the playoffs into the Cardinals piece and find it a home.)

Everything I need for a scrapbook I haven’t started.

Holiday promises … blank canvases that will be turned into gifts with a few hours of work and a lot of love.

There were several other beginnings of projects … all of which I would love to curl up with. But today I concentrate on the clean. It stayed like this until yesterday, when I had more company. I put it all up, covered the mats with a nice tablecloth and lit some warm, welcoming candles.

And now I’ll go into my usual November plunge. For some reason I love to get things sparkling clean before the holiday decorations go up after Thanksgiving. So Kitty, you can have your room back, for awhile. Here she is in the window last weekend. I'm just loving my new camera!


Comments:
I love your new camera too.....it takes really nice pictures for you to post. Amy is doing really good and hopes to be able to go home on Tues. at the latest. By then they might have the biopsy back but the doctor is condfident that it will come back benign! ;)
 
Oh, I love the kitty picture!

My idea of a clean is to throw everything in a bin for weeks on end and then to sort through and put them back where they belong when the bin is close to overflowing. Not much of a system, but it works.

Good luck getting your creative groove back.
 
ooohh---your kitty cat is precious. and your newly cleaned creative space sounds wonderful! so do the candles and warm atmosphere. i've been away from your blog for toooooooooooo long hobess!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?