Sunday, December 24, 2006

Ready ahead of time!

I finished them Friday ... the kids had a lot of fun as these guys had cardboard colored faces and no embellishments when they left for school, and looked like this when they got home. I shouldn't have saved the hardest for last (the insides of these made my hands cramp!) but they are the last to leave the house, so they just had to wait.

The grandmas will love the color-coded scarves. Ms. 8 loves purple, Mr. 7 blue and Capt. Kindergarten green. And all four grandparents enjoy the muffins and cookies they find inside. This year there'll be gift cards, too, yipee!

Sharing these creations has had me thinking about Sunday Scribblings again ... about change and how much life has changed in the past year. About how much of it we work for in our lives and about how much change is foisted upon us and about how we cope with that. I'm hoping for a quiet coffee Tuesday morning so I can let these thoughts open further in my head, maybe spill onto a journal page.

But for us one thing has yet to change ... Santa is expected by all this evening and I must prepare for his arrival. As I always tell the kids, he might be magical, but if he trips on the mess and hurts himself he'll still be hurt. Let's clean up a bit. Tomorrow we'll want space to play!

Joy to all ... and peace.

Comments:
I love stopping here to visit and read.....hope your Christmas is the best ever!
 
Happy New Year, HoBess! May 2007 be healthy, prosperous and filled with love and memorable moments for you!
 
Joy and peace to you, too!

I love your snowmen, as well as your gentle incentive for picking up on Christmas Eve (I'll be using "We don't want Santa to trip" next Christmas!).

I'm so happy to be visiting again--can't wait to get caught up!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?