Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Thanks, Tara Dawn

She was a one-in-a-million kid I met the first year I helped a buddy do a high school journalism workshop for minority students. I seem to remember it was her mother who raised her alone, doing what she could to keep her daughter on the right track in a culture that tells you everything in life is available 24/7. All the elements were there to set her on a collision course with destruction, but she chose her own course. Bright, talented, confident, I wonder how her story turned out. She was a leader wherever she went. Other kids looked up to her. I looked up to her and she was 10 years my junior. Some might have called her an old soul. We just called her by name: Echo.

Comments:
Lovely tribute to this brilliant young girl! Thanks for participating...as soon as I can find someone who knows how to work all this technical stuff, I'll get a real site up. Keep checking back for updates.
And wow...what a beautiful name...Echo! I just love it!
xoxo,
TD
 
Hope she sees this wonderful affirmation!
 
beautiful - i hope she reads this!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?