Monday, June 05, 2006

fun fun fun

Aaaaah. Summer Break. Thursday was the very first day off from school. Since then we have: Ridden 50 miles on bikes; gotten hair cuts; gone to the library; read 15 books; made s’mores; barbecued twice; gone to a surprise birthday party; hosted six other short guests; watched a few solid hours of cartoons; Slipped and Slid; sucked down two pitchers of homemade lemonade; painted by numbers and dug in the backyard halfway to the Earth’s core. AND I’m making my deadlines! Amazing. Summer Break is going just as I’d hoped.

Here's our winning Parent's Magazine Lemonade.
Juice of 4 lemons (I strain out the pulp.)
2/3 cup sugar
4 cups cold, cold water
2 to 3 Tbsps. maraschino cherry juice
Mix it up and serve over lots of ice. A few cherries into every glass never hurt anyone either!


Comments:
My, that sounds yummy. Wish I were there to help drink some of that lemonade and enjoy the summer break. Sounds like you are having a great time so far!
 
Summer vacation sounds like its off to the perfect start--your description takes me back to my Summer vacations as a kid and inspires me to try to create the same magic for my own boys! Thank you, thank you, thank you--I needed that nudge!

Also, thanks for the recipe! Sounds delicious!

Congrats. on meeting your deadlines! Keep writing! xo
 
This is perfect! How did you know I needed a good recipe for lemonaid today?
Thank you and thanks again
 
No fair! I need a summer vacation! It sounds absolutely HEAVENly. How silly that we think after age 18 suddenly people wouldn't need them anymore. I'm always amazed when employees don't use up any vacation they do have even if its just . What a more relaxed place we would be if we were given vacations-long, lingering ones- every year. Enjoy every moment!
 
Oh my GOSH do you guys ever keep busy! You're bringing back such memories of the first days of summer, the lemonade and slip & slide! (When I was in college I was certain I would have dueling slip & slides at my wedding reception. I did not.) And by the way, be careful when you reach Earth's core. I hear it's molten down there!
 
Hi,
Lemonade just goes with lazy summer days. I hope you and your family have a lovely summer break. We're still two and half weeks away. I can taste it...

Cheers,
AM
 
Nice post.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?