Friday, May 26, 2006

Freedom … you can smell it!

Today is Field Day, which can only mean one thing, Summer Break is almost here! Indeed, the family room stinks of newly applied sunscreen; the hats are on; the water bottles are filled and it feels like summer. It’s going to be 88 degrees today and all that’s planned for the long weekend is to be outside. This time next week will be the second day of summer break. Nothing quite like the freedom of the last day of school through the eyes of a 7- or 8-year-old!


Comments:
I always loved summer vacation when my kiddies were small and could stay home from school with me! ;) (My neighbors all thought I was nuts!)
 
Wow, your kids get out early! I am assuming that this means an early return in August? We have another four and a half weeks to go, but don't go back until after Labour Day.

I hope you have a lovely summer with your family. It was always my favourite time of year, and that hasn't changed.

Cheers,
AM
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?