Friday, January 05, 2007

Chi

Megg asked about a theme for the New Year. She’s put one word to her efforts and got me to thinking. I am working on the same old list ... exercise more ... eat better ... take chances ... create something ... but I come at these things with a new outlook, bolstered by doing these things last year. So when I put it in one word for Megg I chose the word

ENERGY

But really what I want to do this year has more to do with chi ... a Japanese word for "flow of energy." Karate class is a great place to not think, and in the not thinking I found what I really want to do with 2007.

"I bet you thought I quit," I told the cardio instructor Wednesday night. "You said if people are going to quit most do it around the third class. I came to two than stopped.

"You can't count that stuff during the holidays," he said with a grin.

I told him how I couldn't manage to empty my brain and just move those two weeks. He understood. "New Year, New Attitude," he said turning on the music. "Alllriiight ... from heeeEEERE!" And so began a muscle-busting sweat inducing hour. The second for me that night. I never could have done this last year.

With my head empty and my body moving I felt things flow. "I can do this," I thought on the ideas that revealed themselves last year. "I can make them real. I can. I CAN."

And so the energy flows, and I am trying to rein it in ... harnessing my chi ... A flow of ideas has rarely been cut off for me. It's the flow of positivity that I have often choked at the source, despite the amazing support of my husband and others. Let it flow.

The flow of creativity has resulted in a frenetic sampling of all kinds of outlets ... crafting, writing, cooking and now exercise ... but the focus for the flow has been lacking.

I lack DISCIPLINE.

Not sound too Zen, but a river outside its banks is chaos. The flow must be harnessed. I should know. I live here between two of the biggest rivers in the world and I lived here 14 years ago when each jumped its banks. What a sight. What chaos.

Harnessing Energy. That seems like a good theme. And something new, too boot! Happy Weekend Everyone.

Comments:
Hey, does that 'Chi' come bottled? I need to get me some of that! Sounds like it's working for you!!!
 
More discipline and harnessing energy, sounds good to me!
 
Go Chi! And Karate.

Hugs
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?